Its Sunday and what is John Wall doing? As of this moment, no one knows. Yesterday internet reports ran wild that (a) he was deciding today and (b) it would be two months. As of this point, I dont think either story is correct. John Wall’s AAU coach, Brian Clifton, is the main source of one’s sites stories about Wall and it is Clifton’s hope that he ends up not at UK. Thus according to Clifton, the decision will be some time away. Wall himself has spoken with a couple of people on the other side of his “handlers” (the high school coach side) and has said he wants to decide any day. For those people, it looks like Kentucky could be the option.
Here is the situation from an individual in Raleigh who knows the intracices of what is going on. Wall at this point is leaning Kentucky, but also likes Miami a great deal. To quote Patrick Patterson during his recruitment, he “aint feeling Duke.” Wall’s AAU camp does not want him at Kentucky and prefers Duke. His high school camp prefers UK, and Wall and his mother are UK leans. But both camps have Miami as choice #2 and Wall likes Miami as well. This has led my source in Raleigh to say to me, “if he chooses in the next week, it looks really good for Kentucky to be the choice. The longer it goes after that, the more I like Miami as the favorite.”
So that is where we are. Wall to Kentucky is the most likely option IF the decision is made this week. If not, then it becomes much less likely and the smart money may be on Miami. Either way, anything can happen and I am just ready for it to be over.